How to install Operating system in Dell Laptop?
Posted by Dell Support on August 28, 2018
If you want to install an operating system in your Dell laptop, then you have to follow some basic steps provided by Dell Tech support team in order to install operating system through an installation disk or drive.
- First of all, insert the installation disk to install a new OS on your windows. If you don’t have a disk then you need to download it online according to the version of your windows.
- Then press and hold down the power button of your system to turn it off. Wait for few secs and then press the power button again to turn the system on.
- Then a first startup screen will appear. Once it appears, immediately you have to press the setup key.
- Then press DEL or F2 key located at the top of the keyboard to enter into the BIOS page. You have to hold the ‘Fn’ key also while pressing any two keys. You can confirm the BIOS key by looking at your laptop’s model manual or online support page.
- Then go to the ‘Boot order’ section on the main page of BIOS. If you can’t find the section, then look at the motherboard’s manual to find the direct instruction.
- After that, choose the location from which source you want to start your system. You want to start either from the disk drive or from an external drive.
- Then move the selected location at the top of the list by pressing the + key with the boot location that you have chosen.
- Then save and exit from the BIOS page by pressing the F10 key on your keyboard. You have to confirm the action by pushing enter with Yes option.
- After that restart, your system and it will select your disk as the boot location and begins with the installation process.
- Follow up the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Now the operating system has been installed on your laptop by following the above basic steps provided by our techies. In case, if you encounter any issue while following these steps, then call us at our Dell support number +1800-431-355 and get instant guidance from our techies.
Back to Blog